3rd edition of the Boston Biotechnology Summit™: A Bridge for Collaboration
May 29, 2019
Cambridge MA, 30 May 2019 – The 3rd Boston Biotechnology Summit will be held on Sunday, 2 June 2019 at the renowned Wistar Institute in Philadelphia (USA), just before the BIO 2019 Convention. The central theme of this third edition will be collaboration, common foundations, research project development, obtaining regulatory approval and the marketing of products from the biotechnology industry.
The speakers and experts present at this 3rd edition include:
Pravin Chaturvedi, PhD, 2019 Guest Program Chair, (together with Shahin Gharakhanian, MD, Co-Founder & International Program Committee Chair), who declares: “The biotechnology industry faces both opportunities and challenges in terms of technology and finance. Our success will always depend on the quality of collaborative efforts. For this reason, as Guest Program Chair, I believe in the importance of in-depth debate on this central theme at the Boston Biotechnology Summit on June 2 in Philadelphia. We are therefore inviting our colleagues to attend and participate fully in these discussions.
Highlights of the Summit:
- Biotech companies and pharmaceutical groups: Acticor, Alkermes, Bayer USA, GSK/ViiV Healthcare, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Nanobiotix, etc.
- Investors and financial platforms: AWEX, FEP Capital Advisors, Gurnet Point Capital, ($2 billion investment fund), Launchpad Ventures LLC, LSN: Life Science Nation, Nowak Ventures LLC, and groups with operations in Asia, the US and EU.
- Institutions and Universities: Business France, Forum for Collaborative Research France Biotech, German Accelerator Life Sciences Program, Genopole, Initiative for Innovative Medicines (IMI) in Europe, The Wistar Institute, Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, Universities: Aix/Marseille, GSU College of Public Health, Montreal, LMU Munich.
- Biotech companies from ten different US & EU venues, Selected Award-winning Start-Ups, will present their pipelines to a panel of therapeutic and regulatory experts, investors and pharmaceutical companies.
Major Sponsors of the 3rd edition Boston Biotechnology Summit:
McDermott Will Emery, IPSEN, The Wistar Institute, 4Clinics, Nanobiotix
- Opening Statements from the International Program Committee: What do we want to achieve?
- The Wistar Institute Model for Collaboration and Curing Chronic Diseases.
- Heather Steinman, PhD, MBA, Vice President for Business Development & Executive Director of Technology Transfer.
- Luis Montaner, DVM, D.Phil. Vice President, Scientific Operations, Professor of Immunology & Director HIV Immuno-Pathogenesis Laboratory.
Changes to Collaboration in Biopharma.
In an era of high volume data, collaboration will be possible through artificial intelligence, big data analysis and digital technologies; how will the optimal delivery of innovative treatments to patients evolve globally? What challenges do we face?
Which collaborative approaches will improve Central Nervous System, Neurological and Aging-related Complications? [Award-winning Start-Up CEO’s Pitch]
Have we now reached the optimal potential of Immune-Based Treatments in Infectious Diseases, Chronic Inflammation & Oncology? [Award-winning Start-Up CEO’s Pitch]
For more information: www.bostonbiotechnologysummit.com
Boston Biotechnology Summit ™
Soheila Gharakhanian – Co-founder & President of Blend of Concept LLC, Summit Producer,
(Cambridge MA, USA) E-mail: email@example.com
Press Relations (Europe) – Ulysse Communication, Paris, France
Bruno Arabian. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: +33 220.127.116.11.26
This document is the English translation and edited version of a PR dated 15 May 2019, PARIS, FRANCE.