Silvia Helou, MD
Silvia has extensive drug development experience in major therapeutic areas including anti-infectives, dermatology, oncology/hematology, and immunology/biologics. She previously held various senior positions at Novartis, Schering-Plough and Scynexis in clinical development. She was also responsible for several development programs in anti-infectives, non-malignant hematologic disease, oncology and dermatology. She obtained her medical degree at the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, and her post-graduate degree in infectious disease with board certification (infectious disease & Mycology). She served as staff faculty in infectious disease at the Muniz Infectious disease hospital and faculty in microbiology at the University of Buenos Aires, School of Medicine in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Author & Co-Author of multiple scientific publications and presentations at international scientific meetings.
Andrew D. Luber, PharmD
1991 – BS Pharm. Temple University, Philadelphia, PA.
1994 – PharmD, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA.
1995 – Residency Pharmacy Practice – UCSF, San Francisco, CA
1996 – Infectious Diseases Pharmacotherapy Residency – UCSF, San Francisco, CA
1997-1999 – Fellowship, Infectious Diseases Pharmacotherapy – UCSF, San Francisco, CA
Key Professional Information
- Executive Director of Research – Tower ID (2001-2003), Los Angeles CA and Pacific Oaks Research (1999-2001), Los Angeles CA
- Core Faculty Content Author, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacology (2003-2008) – American Academy of HIV Medicine Study Guide and Accreditation Program (AAHIVM)
- Editor (2005 – Present) – Journal of Viral Entry
- Textbook Author – HIV/AIDS Pharmacotherapy; Applied Therapeutics: The Clinical Use of Drugs (7th and 8th Editions)
- Committee member and core faculty for Viral Hepatitis Mid-Level Provider Certification Task Force of the American Association for Study of Liver Disease (AASLD).
- Clinical investigator in over 70 clinical trials (Phase Ia-Phase IV; including 4, first in human trials)
- Over 40 poster presentations at meetings throughout the United States and Europe
- ~ 40 articles, research reports and letters published in the literature
Experience with Pharmaceutical Industry
- Over 17 years of experience in industry as a key opinion leader, investigator, consultant, steering committee member, speakers’ bureau participant, independent contractor
- Companies include Abbott, Roche, Pfizer, Gilead, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Schering-Plough, Vertex, ViiV, Panacos, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Tibotec, Medarex, Bristol Myers Squibb
- Has worked with vendors and ad agencies as a consultant and content expert.
The term “Associate’ is used literally within this section and does not imply any specific contractual relationship.