Andrew D. Luber, PharmD
1991 – BS Pharm. Temple University, Philadelphia, PA.
1994 – PharmD, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA.
1995 – Residency Pharmacy Practice – UCSF, San Francisco, CA
1996 – Infectious Diseases Pharmacotherapy Residency – UCSF, San Francisco, CA
1997-1999 – Fellowship, Infectious Diseases Pharmacotherapy – UCSF, San Francisco, CA
Key Professional Information
- Executive Director of Research – Tower ID (2001-2003), Los Angeles CA and Pacific Oaks Research (1999-2001), Los Angeles CA
- Core Faculty Content Author, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacology (2003-2008) – American Academy of HIV Medicine Study Guide and Accreditation Program (AAHIVM)
- Editor (2005 – Present) – Journal of Viral Entry
- Textbook Author – HIV/AIDS Pharmacotherapy; Applied Therapeutics: The Clinical Use of Drugs (7th and 8th Editions)
- Committee member and core faculty for Viral Hepatitis Mid-Level Provider Certification Task Force of the American Association for Study of Liver Disease (AASLD).
- Clinical investigator in over 70 clinical trials (Phase Ia-Phase IV; including 4, first in human trials)
- Over 40 poster presentations at meetings throughout the United States and Europe
- ~ 40 articles, research reports and letters published in the literature
Experience with Pharmaceutical Industry
- Over 17 years of experience in industry as a key opinion leader, investigator, consultant, steering committee member, speakers’ bureau participant, independent contractor
- Companies include Abbott, Roche, Pfizer, Gilead, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Schering-Plough, Vertex, ViiV, Panacos, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Tibotec, Medarex, Bristol Myers Squibb
- Has worked with vendors and ad agencies as a consultant and content expert.